Crystallography School Information:
The sub-committee tracks US and Canadian crystallography school information. In the past two years, several schools have not occurred or have been virtual due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- ACA Summer School, June 12-18, 2022, Purdue
- Info/Application link: https://acasummercourse.net/2022-application/
- CCP4/APS School in Macromolecular Crystallography: From data collection to structure refinement and beyond, virtual June 13-24 (weekdays only), 2022
- Info/Application link: https://www.ccp4.ac.uk/schools/APS-2022/
- 24rd National School on Neutron and X-ray Scattering, APS/ORNL, July 10-22, 2022.
- Info/Application link: https://neutrons.ornl.gov/nxs
- 5th US School on Total Scattering Analysis, September 12-15, 2022
- Info/Application link: https://conference.sns.gov/event/346
Crystallography Meetings Offering Workshops:
- American Crystallographic Association Annual Meeting, July 29th-August 3, 2022
- Info/Application link:
- 8 workshops associated with this meeting:
- Applications of Small Angle Scattering to Structural Biology: An Introduction
- Crystallographic and cryo-EM Structure Solution with Phenix
- Cryo-Electron Tomography: State of the Art Methods
- Hands-on Single-Particle Cryo-EM Data Analysis with Cryo EDU
- CryoEM Sample Preparation Training using Center Merit Badges
- Advanced Software Tools for Single Crystal Diffraction
- Visualizing Structure
- Microcrystal Electron Diffraction (MicroED)
- 79th Pittsburg Diffraction Conference, October 2-4, 2022
- Info/Application link: https://cvent.me/bnd2a5
- Satellite event: school on basic and advanced data analysis methods of powder X-ray diffraction (XRD) and total scattering for pair distribution function (PDF) analysis of inorganic materials, https://www.aps.anl.gov/Structural-Science/SRS-Courses
- IUCr HIGH PRESSURE WORKSHOP: December 6-10, 2022, Argonne National Lab
- Registration for the 2022 IUCr High Pressure Workshop “Advanced High-Pressure Crystallography” is now OPEN. Register here!
- The deadline for registration and abstract submission is on November 10th, 2022. Please use the abstract template found on the workshop’s website.
- 7th MicroED WORKSHOP: December 11-14, 2022, UCLA
- Info/Application link: https://cryoem.ucla.edu/course-2022
In addition, the CCDC is also trying to keep track of crystallography conferences/events, including international ones like ECM, and related meetings such as the ACS national meetings that may have educational/workshop components:
For information on CryoEM related schools, a well-kept list was curated by EMDataResource:
Crystallography Education Policies for the Physical and Life Sciences (ACA and USNC/Cr)