Mitch Miller (Rice University) (chair)
Vic Young (University of Minnesota)
Branton Campbell (Brigham Young University)
The USNCR/Cr subcommittee on Standards, Ethics, and Diversity focuses on current issues related to establishing and upholding the ethical standards of science, disseminating scientific knowledge, and cultivating a crystallographic-research community that is diverse and inclusive of under-represented and under-supported minority groups.
Ongoing activities and initiatives
- Survey selected journals and publishing houses regarding current ethical, operational, and financial challenges.
- Workshop for research administrators on “Supporting high-integrity scientific venues”.
- Review of funding-agency requirements and funding provisions for open-access publishing.
- IUCr Congress Young Observers program.
- Internal report on scientific-venue integrity (2018-2019).
- USNC/Cr public statement scientific-venue integrity (2019-2020).
- Review of F.A.I.R. practices in the crystallographic community (2020).
- Engaged the ACA, AIP, APS, ACS, and Protein Society in discussions on how to best promote scientific-venue integrity (2020).